ETOA Webinar | Destination 2030: It’s all about Athens
ETOA’s immediate priority is to support the tourism sector through to recovery but more strategic questions are increasingly urgent, from climate action to investment in the digital transition.
Tourism should be one of Europe’s most effective engines to build a sustainable recovery, and the chances of long-term success depend on properly funded destination strategy. Whether it’s ‘regenerative’, ‘future-proofed’, ‘co-created’ or just cheerfully busy once more, what does good look like for tourism in 2030? What will we measure to know we’ve got there?
In this webinar, we bring together a top destination and far-sighted expertise. Is there a conflict between the hope that tourism becomes a more collaborative, consensus-seeking phenomenon and industry’s commercial imperatives, or can public and private sectors build a better partnership?
- Vangelis Vlachos, CEO, Athens Development and Destination Management Agency www.developathens.gr www.thisisathens.org
- Alexia Panagiotopoulou, Head of Strategy, Athens Development and Destination Management Agency
- Ioannis Pappas, Director, Mediterranean Region, Global Sustainable Tourism Council (GSTC) www.gstcouncil.org
- Signe Jungersted, CEO and Founder Partner, Group NAO www.groupnao.com
- Jeremy Sampson, CEO, The Travel Foundation and Chair, Future of Tourism Coalition www.thetravelfoundation.org.uk www.futureoftourism.org
Moderator: Tim Fairhurst, Secretary General, ETOA