ETOA Webinar | ETIAS Briefing – the facts
ETIAS is the EU’s new pre-clearance system for non-visa-requiring visitors. Its introduction is linked to the roll-out of the new entry-exit biometrics recognition system, EES. This informational webinar follows a meeting of the EU’s Justice and Home Affairs council on 19th October which is expected to review ETIAS and EES implementation.
ETOA will be joined by officials from FRONTEX, the European Border and Coast Guard Agency, and the European Commission, who will provide updates and explanations on the new travel requirements and what they will mean for visitors and the travel industry. This will be followed by guidance against misinformation such as fake or inaccurate unofficial websites, social media, and reporting.
- Adrian Carbajo Ariza, DG HOME, European Commission
- Izabella Cooper, FRONTEX – European Border and Coast Guard Agency
- Simon Smith, European Tourism Association (ETOA)
- Moderator: Tim Fairhurst, European Tourism Association (ETOA)
- European Commission presentation – EES and ETIAS
- FRONTEX – ETIAS misinformation and unofficial websites
ETOA maintains up-to-date information on the topic here.