ETOA & NTC Webinar | India, the next travel powerhouse
India looks likely to take over from China as the largest global travel source market. Between 2009 and 2019 outbound tourism from India increased 143 percent from 11 million travellers to 27 million and with airlines increasing connectivity from more Indian cities, projections show a full recovery for the Indian outbound market in 2024 with outbound travellers reaching 28.5 million in 2025.
- What type of programmes and destinations are they looking for?
- What are the key segments of the Indian market?
- What sort of Indian travellers are we likely to see as the market recovers?
- How can destinations adapt to the Indian market?
- Ankush Nijhawan – Founder and Director of TBO.com
- Paramjit Bara – Founder and Principal of Auxilia Networks LVG Learning and former Visit Britain
- Uma Somia – Europe Incoming – Owner
- Dylan Lall – Europe Incoming – Director
- Jude Dsouza – Flight Centre – CEO
- Mahip Agarwal – NTC India – Represents many companies in India with particular Nordic focus
The webinar was moderated by Paul Wagner, Director, The Nordic Tourism Collective