ETOA Webinar | Climate Action and Tourism: Sourcing Sustainable Product
Tourism’s long-term viability is contingent on a business and regulatory environment consistent with net-zero targets. Change will come through commercial and client choice as well as compulsion.
Key factors will be the growth in availability of sustainable product, and decision-making support tools that discourage greenwashing and enable informed choice for consumers and business.
With expert panellists from the European Commission, national tourism bodies and the private sector, this webinar explores the wider context for sectoral transition from policy and support mechanisms to market and product developments.
- Laura Maanavilja, Deputy Head of Unit, European Commission DG CLIMA.E2, Communication, Civil Society Relations & Climate Pact.
- Pascal Prinz, Director Global Accounts & Emerging Markets at Switzerland Tourism.
- Kim Lucia Butigan, Marketing and Project Manager of Adriatic DMC, Croatia
- Frank Radstake, Deputy Director at ANVR.
Moderator: Tim Fairhurst, Secretary General, ETOA
- The European Green Deal. Striving to be the world’s first Climate Neutral Continent, by Laura Maanavilja
- Adriatic DMC, by Kim Butigan
VIVA – Sourcing sustainable tourism
Private sector stakeholders and destination managers may also be interested in VIVA Marketplace, an online B2B workshop on 23rd November 2023 for international buyers to meet sustainability-focused destinations and suppliers from across Europe.