Celestina How it Works
Click the video above to see the delegate-view of an online workshop, see below for details on the various functions the platform offers
- Delegates at a B2B matchmaking event typically attend on a binary basis – they’re either buying or selling.
- The format offered by Celestina matches the two sides based on their preferences, submitted in advance on the workshop.
- Celestina is platform where your delegates can submit meeting preferences, resulting in a set agendas. The system allows for the application of filters and is driven by the top preferences submitted from the both the buyers and the suppliers.
- The most basic option with Celestina results in the delivery of fixed meeting agendas for your delegates (usually supplied in PDF format – a bespoke document per delegate).
Online event delivery
- Once appointments have been matched, instead of printing out agendas for a ‘live’ event – meeting schedules can be delivered via the Celestina online meeting platform.
- We will provide you with a dedicated landing page and branded environment for your online event.
- Once logged in, your delegates will be tuned in to their meeting automatically – the focus is purely on the conversations with technical distractions kept to a minimum.
- The Celestina team provides technical assistance throughout the online event.
- We help you manage any live or pre-recorded feed you would like broadcast during opening sessions, breaks or promotional segments.
- As the premier network of inbound travel buyers, ETOA can provide the additional service of buyer recruitment to relevant events.
- If your event is showcasing a European destination or other travel product then ETOA can provide a quote for recruitment services – this can be done as the sole source of operators or as part of a mix
- The quote for buyer recruitment will depend on the target number of operators required, event timing and demand for the destination or services.
Operational support for live events
- The Celestina event services can provide support for the streaming of live and/or pre-recorded content for the plenary sessions or breaks
- Live technical and meeting is included in English
- Client provides a brief, including scale timing and expectations of the online event.
- The Celestina team provides a quote and details the suggested deadlines, actions and deliverables.
- Upon agreement, the online platforms are created ready to receive delegate information.
- Delegates are invited to submit their appointment preferences – they select and rank their counterparts.
- When all preferences are recieved, the matching process begins and meetings are assigned starting with the top preferences submitted from both sides.
- Provisional agendas are provided – allowing delegates to prepare for their meetings.
- Final schedules are then loaded into the online event platform – on the event day delegates sign in and are tuned-in automatically to each of their meetings.
The Celestina platform does not seek to emulate a virtual exhibition, rather deliver scheduled meetings via video link and in line with a pre-set agenda.
- Each event project will be quoted on an individual basis, however the entry cost for appointment matching and online event delivery is €20,000
- The quote will vary depending on scale (number of delegates), timing (within the event season), duration (single/mutiple days, time zone-specific coverage), and any additional services required.
- Included as standard:
- The matching of appointments based on delegate data provided by client
- Appointment preference submission by delegates
- Dedicated online event portal
- Delivery of online meetings
- Broadcast support for live or pre-recorded material from organisers
- Live technical support for event delegates
- Additional services which can be included:
- Delegate recruitment and registration
- Event promotion
- Video editing
Delegates for online events run via Celestina require the following:
- Recommend a physical internet connection (I.e not via 3/4/5G or WIFI)
- Internet connection should be min 600kbps download/upload
- Working speakers, microphone and a webcam
- Recommend desktop or laptop computer (i.e not suitable for mobile devices)
- Check your computer has necessary requirements here https://test.webrtc.org/. Click ‘START’, after the test there should be no elements highlighted in red.
- Check your compatibility and security settings by testing the video platform here
Chrome is available here.
Other supported browsers include below:
- Microsoft Edge (Chromium) – Download here
- Mozilla Firefox – Download here
- Apple Safari – Download here
Browsers not supported:
- IE11 (and below)
- Microsoft Edge pre 2019 (E.g. v18 or v44)