Tourist tax (toeristenbelasting) is decided and levied locally by over 400 local governments (municipalities) on visitors who stay overnight in commercial accommodation.
Please click on the right hand banner to find out rates and further information.
Access and Mobility
- Real time road traffic information can be found here.
- There are no road tolls unless travelling through the Kil or Westerschelde tunnels.
- Information on low emission zones in some cities can be found here.
It is no longer possible for coaches to stop for photos due to an effort to limit traffic congestion. There is now only one official drop off point for coaches, which require entrance tickets for the visitor centre and windmill.
- A visit for 15 or more people must be booked at all times via firstname.lastname@example.org at the latest 2 weeks prior to the date of visit; information can be found here
- Payment for a visit must be done in advance by bank transfer only
- Groups without booking can be refused to enter the area when they have reached the maximum capacity of the area
- Timeslots that are booked for the group need to be used for the visit. Visitors are not allowed to enter the area for taking photos only.
- Groups will enter the area via the Group Entrance at all times after they have arrived at the Stop & Go zone by bus
- The Group Entrance is closed before 08.30 and after 17.30 hours with a gate. Therefore a group visit before or after opening hours is not possible
- Free coach parking is located in Nieuw-Lekkerland
Guiding is not regulated in The Netherlands, so no prior declaration or certificate is needed.
However, bringing groups through and guiding in Amsterdam does require a permit and is regulated. Please see more under Amsterdam.
Please click on the right hand banner to read more about guiding regulations in Europe and the ETOA tour guide ID card.
Public holidays and opening hours
The Netherlands have 11 public holidays. In 2019 they are:
|1 January||New Year’s Day|
|19 April||Good Friday|
|Between 21 March and 22 April||Easter|
|27 April||King’s Day|
|5 May||Liberation Day|
|30 May||Ascension Day|
|9 and 10 June||Whitsun Weekend|
|25 December||Christmas Day|
Please click here for more information.
Opening hours are generally 09:00-17:30, banks and post offices 09:00-17:00. Please click here for more information.
ETOA’s Market Manager Yamin Saadi is focusing on developing the local membership base.
If you are experiencing operational issues in the Netherlands, please contact email@example.com.
Save the date! ETOA is organising an informal networking drinks event in Amsterdam on 3rd of September from 4:30 pm to 7 pm. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to know more.