Celestina How it Works
Click the video above to see the delegate-view of an online workshop, see below for details on the various functions the platform offers
- Delegates at a B2B matchmaking event typically attend on a binary basis – they’re either buying or selling.
- The format offered by Celestina matches the two sides based on their preferences, submitted in advance on the workshop.
- Celestina is platform where your delegates can submit meeting preferences, resulting in a set agendas. The system allows for the application of filters and is driven by the top preferences submitted from the both the buyers and the suppliers.
- The most basic option with Celestina results in the delivery of fixed meeting agendas for your delegates (usually supplied in PDF format – a bespoke document per delegate).
Online event delivery
- Once appointments have been matched, instead of printing out agendas for a ‘live’ event – meeting schedules can be delivered via the Celestina online meeting platform.
- We will provide you with a dedicated landing page and branded environment for your online event.
- Once logged in, your delegates will be tuned in to their meeting automatically – the focus is purely on the conversations with technical distractions kept to a minimum.
- The Celestina team provides technical assistance throughout the online event.
- We help you manage any live or pre-recorded feed you would like broadcast during opening sessions, breaks or promotional segments.
- As the premier network of inbound travel buyers, ETOA can provide the additional service of buyer recruitment to relevant events.
- If your event is showcasing a European destination or other travel product then ETOA can provide a quote for recruitment services – this can be done as the sole source of operators or as part of a mix
- The quote for buyer recruitment will depend on the target number of operators required, event timing and demand for the destination or services.
Operational support for live events
- The Celestina event services can provide support for the streaming of live and/or pre-recorded content for the plenary sessions or breaks
- Live technical and meeting is included in English
This video demonstrates the ease with which your appointments will be delivered and you will also find below more details:
City Fair 2020 will be delivered online but will follow the typical format of pre-scheduled one-to-one meetings as closely as possible. This event will not emulate a virtual exhibition, rather your meetings will take place via video link and in line with your pre-set schedule.
For suppliers, the charge for ETOA members to attend this event is £650, non-members can attend for £950. Without the required venue and all other typical production elements the price of City Fair 2020 has been reduced, however the core service being provided remains exactly the same – commercial opportunities delivered via pre-assigned meeting schedules.
For the comfort of delegates we have added additional breaks into the day, which includes a lunch hour. As travel between desks now won’t be required we have reduced the meeting time to 10 minutes. Please find the schedule here.
When suppliers have open appointment slots they will be tuned in to our broadcast channel showing great content and useful insights. Buyers will be assigned appointment time slots appropriate to their time zone.
- Recommend a physical internet connection (I.e not via 3/4/5G or WIFI)
- Internet connection should be min 600kbps download/upload
- Working speakers, microphone and a webcam
- Recommend desktop or laptop computer (i.e not suitable for mobile devices)
- Must close other applications that use the internet – especially video and music streaming services like Netflix and Spotify. Also, pause or cancel any file transfers in progress.
- Check your computer has necessary requirements here https://test.webrtc.org/. Click ‘START’, after the test there should be no elements highlighted in red.
- Check your compatibility and security settings by testing the video platform here
Please download Chrome here
Other supported browsers include below – please make sure you have the most up-to-date versions.
- Microsoft Edge (Chromium) – Download here
- Mozilla Firefox – Download here
- Apple Safari – Download here
Browsers not supported:
- IE11 (and below)
- Microsoft Edge pre 2019 (E.g. v18 or v44)
- Adapting product and ensuring new health and safety protocol compliance
- Returning clients from Autumn 2020
- Rates / Terms & Conditions
- New promotional campaigns and specific assurances to maintain client confidence
- Group management solutions
- Local rules and restrictions, per destination/venue/attraction/property
- Lines of communication between suppliers and operators
- Access to high demand group tickets/entrances