Access and Mobility
Applies to all vehicles and all must display a Green category 4 vignette to enter the zone (within the inner S-Bahn ring ‘Hundekopf’). For diesel vehicles this is at least Euro 3 with particulate filter and for petrol vehicles pre Euro 1 with a catalytic converter fitted. Further information on the Unweltzone here.
The Senate of Berlin has approved a new clean air plan in July 2019, that will prevent diesel vehicles from travelling on sections of 8 roads unless the vehicle complies to Euro 6. This is separate to the Umweltzone. Implementation date to be confirmed but likely from October 2019 at the earliest. The affected roads will be:
- Old Moabit between Gotzkowkystraße and Beusselstraße
- Bridge road between Köpenicker Straße and Holzmarkstraße
- Friedrichstrasse between Unter den Linden and Dorotheenstraße
- Hermannstraße between Silbersteinstraße and Emser Straße
- Leipziger Straße between Charlottenstraße and Leipziger Platz
- Reinhardstraße between Charitéstraße and Kapelle Ufer
- Silbersteinstraße between Hermannstraße and Karl-Marx-Straße
- Electricity road between Bugenhagenstraße and Turmstraße
Further information here.
These attractions are selected due to high demand and/or operational issues. If you think we should include others, please contact email@example.com.
Attractions based in Germany outside of Berlin can be found here.
Attractions based in Munich can be found here.
If you are a member attraction of ETOA and would like your attraction featured on this page, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Each visitor’s last name, first name and date of birth is needed when requesting registration
- Requests for guided tours can only be submitted for the current month and the following two months.
- Requests to visit the dome can only be submitted for the current month and the following month.
- It is sometimes necessary to cancel a visit to the dome at the last minute, even if the visit has been confirmed in advance.
- Tourism businesses must register as commercial agencies. Submitting a request as an individual/private group or an organisation/company will result in the immediate cancellation of the request.
- Booking requests for the following year can only be submitted from the start of November of the current year.
Guiding in Germany is not a regulated profession, so no prior declaration of certificate is needed when providing services here.
You can read more about EU guiding regulations here.
Please click on the right hand banner to read more about guiding regulations in Europe and the ETOA tour guide ID card.
Public holidays and opening hours
|1 January||Neujahrstag (New Year’s Day)|
|Variable||Karfreitag (Good Friday)|
|Variable||Ostermontag (Easter Monday)|
|1 May||Tag der Arbeit (Labour Day)|
|Variable||Christi Himmelfahrt (Ascension Day)|
|Variable||Pfingstmontag (Whit Monday)|
|3 October||Tag der Deutschen Einheit (German Unity Day)|
|25 December||Weihnachtstag (Christmas day)|
|26 December||Zweiter Weihnachtsfeiertag (Boxing day)|
Events and seasonality
ETOA’s Senior Manager Jay Munro-Michell is focusing on developing the local membership base in Germany.
If you are experiencing operational issues in Germany or have any comments regarding the content of this page, please contact email@example.com.
ETOA has a stand at ITB Berlin every year, members can co-exhibit with us for a fee. If you would like to know more about this and our presence at ITB Berlin, please click here.
This content is exclusive to ETOA members
Not a member yet?
The ETOA membership opens invaluable networking opportunities to your business, allows you to gain access to critical insights and information and contributes to the campaign for a better regulatory environment in Europe.
- Connect with the global travel trade
- Stay informed of insights, regulations and changes
- Be supported in shaping the tourism landscape